Sunday 7 October 2012

Feeling Groovy

We've had a bit of a leisurely one this weekend. We've both been working really hard, and the downtime has been most welcome. 

The house is in goodish order and the garden and the magnificent greenhouse are all ticking along nicely.

That all puts us in the right place for the busiest time of the year. 

I'm sure most of us are starting to feel the Christmas pull and push, at work and at home. I'm gonna try to be mega organised this year to get the best out of the season. Without spending a king's ransom.

Today though we popped along to look at just a few local artists open studios.

We didn't want to try and see them all. 

I need to keep an eye on local artistic talent as part of my work, but I also like to buy hand crafted presents for my friends and family, so a good opportunity to get ahead.

I didn't find anything gift wise, but in the first cottage found these extraordinary images by Linda Partrick.

They have a dark fairy tale quality that I find completely compelling.
Mr. S&P found the tea and cake equally compelling.



We had some company too.

 

And some sunshine, very nice indeed.



Please note Linda Partrick's images are copyright.

1 comment:

  1. I love Linda's work too - I must go along to our next local open studio event.

    ReplyDelete

My Journey To Health - A Morning Walk

Up early this morning, bedlinen on the line, yes the weather is holding. Booked my Zumba class for Monday week, you have to get up early to ...