Monday 24 February 2014

People Come and Go. Nothing Ever Happens.

I don't know about you dear reader, but I'm absolutely chomping at the bit to see the latest Wes Anderson film, The Grand Budapest Hotel.


The trailer makes it look a bit like Poirot on acid. So over the top but beautifully styled and funny with it.

It reminds me of an old black and white film made in 1932, Grand Hotel. I remember seeing this when I was a child, not in the 30s I hasten to add I'm not that ancient.


I suspect the Anderson film will have a similar format and plot with an incredibly different look and feel. Can't wait.


4 comments:

  1. Yes - I'm looking forward to this too, though it'll probably be at home on DVD as it could just be in the "for the oldies " category, which I refuse to be seen viewing in public (Ladies in Lavender, Best Exotic Marigold Hotel etc.) A bit like the way I make myself resist buying anything with a cat motif on it now I've passed the age of...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the look of it too from the trailer. Which is about a first. Usually I watch the trailer and think "ugh!" and only go if I read great reviews or if other people tell me how great it is, or if it is "all tickets free on Mondays" and it's on. BUT - I LIKED THE TRAILER. I wonder what that means?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny, I suspect it could mean they've put all the 'good bits' in the trailer. But hopefully it means it will be a visual feast and great fun.
      Jean x

      Delete
  3. I'm with you Jean, I simply cannot wait!!

    ReplyDelete

Time Travelling

On our way to Mr. Straw's house the Mr and I popped along to take a look at Clumber Park. It is a 3,800 acre estate set within Sh...